Many people, especially dog breeders, will often talk about the Dachshund dog breed and how it is one of the most difficult breeds to keep healthy. This is because the dog is so active and energetic that it has a great tendency to get bored if it is not exercised regularly.
You might be wondering, what makes a dog a favorite among dog breeders? Well, this is because of its human friendliness and active attitude. If you want to keep your Dachshund in tip-top shape, here are some of the things you need to keep in mind.
* Have a great toy to give your dog. They love to be around toys because it gives them mental stimulation. Choose a toy that is easy to chew on so that the Dachshund can keep its teeth sharpened and their minds stimulated.
* Do not leave your dog alone without some physical activity. Dachshunds love to play with other dogs and cats as well. It would be better to have two or three dogs and cats to keep your Dachshund happy.
* Cleanliness is essential. Try to keep your house clean and keep your dog free from any messes. This can help the dog avoid diseases that can lead to having problems like pneumonia and lung infections. Once you start keeping the dog clean, it is easier for you to take care of it later on.
* Give your dog a good diet. Your dog needs some vitamins and minerals that it does not get from its diet from you.
* Always avoid bathing your dog too often. It is always best to bathe your dog once every couple of weeks.
* Never try to make your Dachshund of your own. It is best to let a professional take care of your dog if you cannot.
* Not only do Dachshund dogs suffer from allergies, but they also suffer from cancer as well. Before you decide to get your dog, be sure that it is free from any kind of cancer before you get it.
* It is very important that you socialize your Dachshund with other dogs. Remember that it is not difficult to handle dogs if you spend time with them.
* You need to get your Dachshund vaccinated periodically. The dog needs to be inoculated against rabies and distemper.
So if you want to have a healthy Dachshund, do not hesitate to check out the available information about the dog breed. As long as you get all the necessary Dachshund vaccinations, your dog will be safe and happy.
|Life expectancy:||12 – 16 years|
|Mass:||7.3 – 15 kg|
|Colors:||Black, Black & Tan, Chocolate & Tan, Blue & Tan, Chocolate & Cream, Cream, Tan, Red|
|Temperament:||Clever, Stubborn, Devoted, Lively, Playful, Courageous|